June 15th, 2018

Taking the wrap: edging towards 100% recycling

by Adrian Gibbs

 

What should a company do if it is consistently achieving an office recycling rate of over 95%? Is this the cue for back patting and laurel resting? On the contrary, for Eunomia it simply prompts the question “What can be done with the remaining 5%?”

Read more on Taking the wrap: edging towards 100% recycling…


August 2nd, 2013

Malta-ed perceptions

Malta bring site_small

by Adrian Gibbs

 

When visiting an old city with a rich and troubled past it is hard not to get swept up in the grand, complex and often frightening history that has shaped the landscape, culture and administration. Fortunately, most guidebooks include an abridged history to introduce the grand names and great episodes of the past. It is, however, less easy to find a chronicle of a country’s waste management systems. This is perhaps a shame, as the same forces of self-interest, random chance, ‘good ideas at the time’ and inertia can surely be seen at play in the establishment of institutional waste systems as in the formation of cultural, political and architectural norms.

Read more on Malta-ed perceptions…